Saturday, August 1, 2009

Zoe's baby

Some things to remember.

This week Zoe intended to brush Piper's hair. This morning I finally was able to describe their play. It is interestingly like a pack of feral dogs. They love each other, stick together, and yet if one gets too close to a toy there is an immediate and viscous reaction indicated by shrieking, screaming, and potentially flailing and teeth baring. I intervene, or the situation resolves itself and we go back to a happy wolf cub pack. So, Zoe went at Piper to brush her hair. Said viscousness erupted. I was washing my face and remembered that earlier Zoe tugged her doll out of her crib and was mothering it. So I instructed through soapy eyes, "Zoe, go brush your baby's hair."
"OOOOOOOtay!" She said. I went back to washing my face.
A few minutes later I heard sleeping Noah stirring in the monitor. I'd just put him down to nap and the 20 minutes wasn't a long enough sleep for him. I went to check on him and discovered Zoe had opened his door, climbed up the side of his crib and was reaching in with the brush and combing is nearly bald head. He was arched up as high as he could be from his tummy grinning wildly. I laughed and then Z and I had another talk about not going into her brother's room when he is asleep. My freshly groomed Noah skipped the rest of his nap.

Our day today has not been so eventful, little girl wise. Zoe is currently napping. Piper is playing with the Little People city. She has some quarter sized plastic lady bugs that are taking turns swinging on the Little People swing and riding a motorcycle. She is talking in her pretend voice which is really high pitched and they are saying "okay, now its my turn." Noah is laying under his play gym blowing bubbles and cooing at the monkey. He started rolling over from his stomach to his back yesterday! That's the hard one for our babies Brandon is helping with the garage sale a street over and I am taking it all in. This is August so far.



No comments: