Thursday, January 10, 2008

is this thing on?

Well. That was a nice nap.

Today Zoe laughed, really laughed for the first time. Its already midnight, so I should say yesterday Januray 9th, 2008 for the record. She's been giggling for awhile, even in her sleep since she was a few weeks old. But today I held her on the couch and Piper ran up, grabbed Zoe's pacifer and propelled it backwards from the couch, in an experiment I assume. And Zoe laughed! She made this loud gasping laugh and did it over and over as I laughed which made Piper laugh. She really only laughed at Piper, I tried to recreate it, and soon Brandon tried, but she laughed at Piper.

Piper's first laugh was at our church retreat, the last weekend of August 2006, for the record. I was holding her on a swing while some of the church kids played on the playground. The kids were running in front of us back and forth swinging and just as suddenly Piper was making the same gasping laugh. I'm glad I still remember that to record it.

So back to Halloween. We went to the Oelzes party for all of an hour before our tiny flower children wilted. Actually they were a pink leopard of some variety and a ghost (its what Walmart had last minute - I had a 3 week old and a toddler/baby.)


Thanksgiving went well. It was Thanksmas as we celebrated the two big holidays at once with Brandon's parents. They then left for South Asia in mid-December and will be back next week. Piper ate at the kids table for the first time. Zoe enjoyed the baby papasan.




I'm not sure how these are the only pictures we have of Christmas. Brandon tells me that we've got video. Piper got a shopping cart. Zoe got some blocks that she is not yet old enough to enjoy. We have new floors!



Piper also told her first story. She and Zoe share a nursery. Its worked out really well at night. I'm still not sure about naps. Zoe woke up from her nap early and obviously cried. Brandon went in to get her and left Piper in her crib. She was awake and played for awhile. When I went in to get she she smiled, grabbed the crib rails to stand up and proclaimed "Zoe! Cry! Daddy!" Pronouns and verbs!

I feel better having finally posted. I've got to go bed, what am I thinking staying up this late?


8 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay! Thanks for updating! I'm glad to hear that you are still alive and able to blog because it goves me hope that I may be able to do the same :) Asher is going to be a big brother sometime in late July so any tips you care to throw my way would be much appreciated!

Zoe is so precious and Piper looks like such a big girl! And your floors are really pretty, too ;)

bethany said...

I'm so glad that you're back! I love the new floors, and of course, I think the girls are beautiful. But you already knew that.

bethany said...

I'm so glad that you're back! The girls and the new floors look beautiful...but, of course in really different ways. ;)

bethany said...

sorry about the fluke double, now triple, commenting...you know who else needs to get to bed!

Patti said...

Hello there! It's good to have you back. I wish I could get brave enough to put Harper and Hudson in the same room for sleeping. Maybe her good sleeping habits would rub off. Or, as I fear would actually be the case, she would have even more reasons to resent his very existence.

Mandy said...

Missed you! You're giving me hope... Jack and Elijah are going in the same room whenever he decides to pop out. So it's nice to know that it can work out well. I love all your sweet pictures.

rk said...

i'll be the lone dude on this one. ari, you write really well, and everybody likes hearing your updates. more please.

thad said...

Hey Ari, you know I love you, but you're worse at this than I am (not the quality part, just the quantity part).